Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Side Car - Recipe and Video


This drink goes back to my father’s days as a bartender at the Ritz Carlton.  Whenever I make this drink, all the bartending skills that he taught me come back rushing back and I raise a ceremonial glass to him.  Cheers, Dad!


I trained as a food and beverage manager, but my favorite part of food and beverage is definitely beverage. People often ask me, "What is your Favorite Cocktail"? I don't have a favorite but when I think of a classic, I remember my father and the "Side Car". 

Please Note: When I Pour, I count “one-two-three” for is a half-shot measure.  


Side Car

1 full shot of Hennessy cognac
½ shot glass Cointreau (or to taste)
Fresh squeezed lime juice (1/4 cup)
Fresh squeezed lemon juice (1/4 cup)
Fresh squeezed orange juice (1/8 cup)
Sugar for rimming glass
Fresh orange slices for garnish

Instructions

1. Rim martini glass with lemon and then coat with sugar. Set aside.
2. Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
3. Add cognac and Cointreau.
4. Squeeze lemon, lime and orange juice into one container. Add juices, shake and serve.
Garnish with orange slice and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment